Packing your bedroom for an international relocation
When your moving house, you know that the most essential part of the move is packing. You already know what to expect: countless cardboard boxes and days of packing. For most people, this process seems to be overwhelming and endless. If you’re one of those people, worry not. We are about to give you tips for packing your bedroom for an international relocation. You can use these tips for practically any other room and the packing process will go much more smoothly. The important thing is to stay calm and not panic. Once everything is packed, you can start looking for a moving company in Japan.
Declutter before you start packing your bedroom
This goes for packing any room – decluttering is key. There’s no need to bring things you don’t use, like or want to your new home. So, why pack more than you have to? Simply take some time before the packing begins and get rid of everything you don’t need. This includes your clothes, shoes, decorations, bedding and everything else that’s in your bedroom. Make a pile of things you want to throw out, but also separate the things you can give away to someone or donate. You might be able to find a better home for some of your things, you don’t have to throw them all out. This will make packing your bedroom for an international relocation easier and quicker. So, get to decluttering! After all that, you can decide if you need cargo export services.
Packing your clothes for relocation
Unless you’re planning on buying a whole new wardrobe, you’re going to need to pack your clothes and bring them to your new home. When you’re packing your bedroom for an international move, this might be the most time-consuming part. Once you know which clothes you’re ditching and which ones you’re taking with you, you can begin packing. But, what’s the best way to pack your clothes when moving? Well, we have some tips to share with you. Don’t worry, it’s less stressful than looking for international air freight forwarders.
- Start by categorizing your clothes. Separate your summer clothes from the winter ones. Pack socks and underwear separately as well. Make sure to pack your shoes in their own box. Categorizing your things like this will help you both when packing up your bedroom for relocation and when sorting out your wardrobe in your new home.
- In case you didn’t know, there’s such a thing as a wardrobe box. These boxes are great for packing your most valuable clothes. They are tall boxes with a rail inside where you can hang your clothes. You don’t have to take anything off the hanger. Genius, right? The only issue is that they take up a lot of space. So, maybe reserve these boxes for the things you really need to leave on a hanger. You can even use these boxes for things like curtains.
- If you’re lacking space, you can use wardrobe bags.
- Finally, you can fold your clothes and place them in the appropriate boxes.
- Once everything is in its box, label the boxes and you’re done.
Prepare an essentials box when packing your bedroom for an international relocation
Preparing an essentials bag or box is a good idea whenever you’re moving. This means that you’re supposed to set aside a box of things you’ll need on your first day after the move. Put the essentials into this box that you know you’ll need. This way, you won’t have to rummage through all the boxes to find some essential things. When it comes to stuff from your bedroom, here’s what to pack:
- a change of clothes
- some necessary toiletries
- the electronics you’ll need.
Having these things in a separate bag or box will be very useful when you find yourself in the midst of the unpacking mess.
Disassemble furniture when packing your bedroom for an international move
This is the part you’ve probably been dreading – it’s time to pack up your furniture. Things like shelves and the bed will most likely need to be disassembled. You can grab the manuals and see how you can do that or look it up online. You’ll definitely need a screwdriver to do this. Once you take the screws out, you can put them in a special bag along with all the other smaller parts. If you don’t think you can do this on your own, don’t worry. If you hire international movers Japan, they can definitely help you get this done. After all, leaving things like this to professionals is always a great idea. Not only will they help you pack your bedroom for your international move, but they’ll make sure the whole relocation goes well. So, don’t hesitate to call and hire some movers.
Extra tips for packing your bedroom for the international relocation
Worry not, the guide isn’t over. We still have a few extra tips for packing the bedroom for moving internationally.
- Pack your bedding in a separate box. Fold up the sheets and blankets and pack them together with pillows.
- Roll up the rugs and tie them with rope. This is the best way to transport them. You can do the same with any posters you may have.
- Put all the fragile items in a box together and don’t forget to label the box. Before you put them in a box, you need to wrap them, of course. You want to make sure everything stays intact.
- Pack things from the bookshelves together. You can put books in one box and other trinkets in a separate one. Again, don’t forget to label the boxes. If there’s anything that’s prone to breaking, wrap it up before packing.
Now that you know all the tips, you’re ready for packing your bedroom for an international move. Stay calm and feel free to ask people for help if you need it.