Moving to Nagasaki: what to expect
Moving to a new country or a new city can be stressful, but also very exciting. Even though the process of relocating is challenging, don’t let that fact overwhelm you. When you plan everything in detail and hire the right professional moving company to facilitate the transport of your belongings, relocating becomes a positive experience. If you decide to let it, moving to Nagasaki can be the great new adventure you needed.
Benefits of hiring professional movers when moving to Nagasaki
You might be moving to Japan from another country or you might be moving to Nagasaki from a different city in Japan. Whatever the case, hiring a moving company is always better than doing the job alone. There are a lot of other things for you to do during the moving process, so why not leave packing and transporting items to professionals? Overseas shipping companies have experience in packing and all types of shipping. Their employees are highly trained and know how to pack and move your items in the most efficient way possible. You will be certain that your belongings are safe and protected.
Find the right moving company for you by checking their websites and reviews and comparing their estimates. Note that smaller details are also important when comparing companies. Make sure that they are polite and professional. They should answer all your questions clearly and be willing to negotiate.
Additionally, if you need transportation of large, complex, or high-value pieces, it is essential that you entrust it to a reputable and dependable moving company. Check that the company has experience with project cargo. Considering the location of Nagasaki, project cargo transportation services can be the best option since it is likely that your cargo has to travel from far away. Companies often offer combined moving services, so your cargo can be moved by land, sea, or air.
Moving to Nagasaki from another country
Did you land a new job in Nagasaki? You visited this beautiful city and fell in love with it and with Japanese culture? Whatever the reason, you decided to move there. Here are some things to help you plan your relocation to Japan.
- Getting a valid visa is a first and most important step. There are many different types of visas you can apply to, so do your research. Of course, if you are moving to Japan because of your new job, you will apply for a work visa. Or, if you are attending a university in Nagasaki, you will get a student visa.
- Make sure your passport is in order and prepare your Certificate of Eligibility, as well as a photograph. If you are moving with your beloved pet, ensure that you have all the necessary documents.
Since you decided to move to Japan, you probably already know a lot about the country and its culture. Nonetheless, it would be wise to do a little research before moving. For example, you should know that cost of living in Japan is pretty high. Housing can be very expensive, and apartments are on the smaller side. When you think about it, space issues are to be expected. Japan is located on narrow islands with a population of nearly 130 million. Also, there are some unspoken rules and general etiquette you should follow. For example, unlike in the USA and a lot of other countries, in Japan, you don’t leave a tip because that will offend the staff. Another example is that in Japan it is customary to take off your shoes when entering the house.
Changing residence within Japan
If you are not moving from another country, the process is a little simpler. However, you should approach it with diligent planning. There are a lot of things to do before the actual moving date. You don’t need to worry about things like passports and visas, but you should research your new neighborhood. If you are moving with your children, search for the best school near your new home. Notify the children’s current schools of your departure. Don’t forget to cancel all memberships and current services before moving and update your mailing address. Try to resolve these things on time so you can minimize stress during the relocation.
Get to know Nagasaki
Set in the southwest of Japan, on the island of Kyushu, Nagasaki is a beautiful port city. Many still connect it with tragedy, but when you visit it, you will find it to be one of the liveliest, most vibrant cities in Japan. Visiting Nagasaki before moving is advisable, as it will make adapting to your new neighborhood easier. The city has a stunning setting, with a gorgeous mountain backdrop. Historically, Nagasaki was Japan’s connection to the rest of the world, and that foreign influence is reflected even today in its wonderful mix of architectural styles. It was also the target of the atomic bombing in World War 2 and that history is acknowledged in the museums and monuments. There are a few things you should consider when moving to Nagasaki.
- Excellent public transportation – the city is served by four tram lines, and by a network of city buses. Delays are very rare, so you will probably never be late. Nagasaki is most easily navigated by tram and on foot. Trams are probably your best option, there are four color-coded routes and clear maps to show you the layout.
- Temperate climate – Nagasaki is known for its warm climate, with mild winters and long, hot, and humid summers. Mild and dry winters offer the chance to move in winter as well, avoiding problems bad weather can cause.
- Food scene – Due to its rich history, Nagasaki offers a food scene that celebrates an inbuilt blend of Chinese, Japanese and European cuisine, and its fusion cuisine is the tastiest in Japan. If you consider yourself a foody, that’s certainly something to look forward to.
Start your new life
Generally speaking, relocating is always nerve-racking. But that does depend on how well you have prepared and whether you chose the right moving company. With Kokusai Express Japan by your side, you can relax and allow moving to Nagasaki to be a marvelous adventure. Beautiful Nagasaki is waiting for you with its amazing sights, rich history, and wonderfully polite people. Enjoy your new home!