Moving abroad is a big step in life. It changes everything. Your surrounding will not be the same. The job you had you would probably need to leave. Except if your company has an office in a place you are moving to. Which is not that rare nowadays, with all those multinational companies surrounding us. Besides this, you will leave your friends and family behind. The culture of the foreign country will differ at least slightly etc. But, given that you are planning your international relocation, it means you are prepared for all of this. So what is left is to make a plan and prepare for moving abroad. When it comes to preparations for a moving out of the country, you should consult international moving professionals in Japan. They now what you should do to get ready for such a big venture.
Hire moving help- they know what you should do
Movers from Japan you should hire for moving abroad must be carefully chosen. With special attention to every signal of moving fraud. Jumping into a trap of fraudulent Japanese movers can lead to, at least, paying a lot more money. And you don’t want this kind of problem. Especially when making an international move. Besides this, you could end up with your belongings stolen, missing or damaged. Furthermore, even if you do manage to avoid moving scam, there is plenty more to be careful about.
First of all, it is your and your family’s safety. This is by far the most important aspect when searching for moving professionals from Japan. After this, you want your relocation to be conducted in the right manner. With top quality moving services. Only when achieved those two goals you can think about cutting the moving expenses. We shall help you with all of this. o in rows to come you’ll get the tips how to:
- Find the reliable moving company in Japan and have a safe relocation- for example, contact Kokusai Express Japan
- Select the best moving services for moving abroad
- Cut the moving costs of making an international move
Avoid moving scam
To avoid the moving scam, you should know how to recognize it. And to recognize it on time. While it is still not too late. We said this is the most important matter when it comes to your relocation. In accordance with this, we will examine it detailed. Providing you with some kind of guide, or steps to take to make sure you are dealing with a reliable and reputable moving experts in Japan.
Collect the recommendations and make a list of potential candidates for moving abroad
The first step you should take when considering an international move is to make a list of all home moving professionals in Japan you are considering to hire. Surely, this is not a step where you should put too much effort, being that this is just a list of potential movers. But still, you also want to have the quality candidates there. To make this kind of listing, we suggest these several sources where you could find potentially quality and reliable professionals for relocation:
Talk to your friends and family. They are the people you trust the most. So their recommendation would be something you wouldn’t have to check that much. Especially if someone of them moved internationally recently.
- The acquaintances are the next good source of recommendations. Although those people are not your best friends or the most trustful circle, they would still be a good solution. Finding out who moved recently and asking them about the experiences with movers would be of significant importance for you.
- Call your real estate agent. They commonly have the cooperation with at least couple of movers from Japan. And they want to recommend a reliable and reputable mover. This way they remain your loyalty.
- Advertising and the Internet. If none of the people you trust have a recommendation, you still need to make a list of home moving professionals to compare. Watching the ads and searching on the web is not that reliable sources, but they would still do. Making a list is crucial at this point of time. You will check all those moves in steps to follow.
Check the background of relocation experts on your list
- Do they own a license? Every mover with no license should be momentarily erased from the list.
- Check on the reviews. Find out what were the experiences of their previous customers moving abroad. If they were not satisfied, check why. If there is any sign of a big problem, walk away.
- Were there accusations of a moving fraud connected to any mover? You can check this in the news, or call a local police station. If there were accusations of a fraud, then something wrong was probably going on. We suggest you walk away on that moving company.
Some more signs of moving scams you should notice
Besides these obvious signs of fraudulent movers in Japan, there are other reasons to raise red flags. We will mention several:
- The secretary of the company answers the call with: ‘The movers’ or something similar. Avoiding to provide you with company’s name.
- You see one name in their office, and completely another when their workers come to your home.
- If offered an incomplete or blank contract, refuse to sign it. Besides that, you should start getting suspicious and walk away.
- Do the moving trucks have the company’s name on them? Or is that name the same as the one in the office? Be very careful about this.
- The requirement for a large deposit payment is one of the most obvious signs of a moving fraud. It is not a problem if that sum is not too big. Given that moving companies want to make sure you are going to hire them surely. But if that is a considerable amount, just smile and look for another professional for Japan move.
For moving abroad, choose only the best moving services
Moving abroad is difficult per se. For many reasons. You surely don’t want to jump into a completely new life after having a nightmare of a relocation. I mean, sure, avoiding a moving scam is a good step in the right direction. But surely not the only one. You should take precautionary measures for the quality of moving services you will be provided with. Depending on the quality of international moving services from relocation company, you will experience a stressful or a relaxing relocation. Surely, you would prefer to relax and enjoy your international migration. To achieve that goal, put an effort into searching the right moving professionals for international relocation.
Check on their experience. See how many relocations abroad they conducted. Were they all successful? If not, what were the problems? Do they have the adequate equipment for global relocation? How handy is the personnel in that moving company? You could have a need for a storage in Japan for example. Searching for an international Japanese mover with a storage would be a smart move then. Why would you double your effort if you can find moving professionals in Japan offering all sorts of services for international migration? Ask all sorts of questions that might be of your interests. Don’t hesitate to check all the details important for your particular relocation. Moving abroad is everything but easy. Make sure the moving help you’re hiring to conduct it is the right ones for that kind of challenge.
Only after you are completely sure that you will have a top class moving services during your move abroad, you can go to the next step- saving money on your international relocation.
Save money when moving across the border…
…You will need it. Who knows what kinds of expenses you could experience right after you relocate overseas. And every expense after such a demanding relocation is expensive. So saving money is the priority when planning the out-of-country move. Hiring quality but affordable movers is a way to save some money. But not the only way. Surely, as we said before, the matter of money should be the last priority talking about these three we mentioned here. But it certainly is one of the top priorities when talking about international relocation as a whole. So, how to save money on moving abroad? Here are some tips:
- Compare the offers from movers on your list and pick the most affordable.
- Do some part of moving abroad by yourself.
- Don’t bring the clutter when making an overseas move.
The movers’ offers comparison- how to do it right?
To properly compare the moving professionals, you need to have the exact figures in front of your eyes. The right figures you shall get only in a binding or final offer. But, what is the binding offer, you’ll probably ask. It is the final offer, the offer that guarantees the price you will pay after the relocation is done. You should ask for it immediately after you decide there are several reliable candidates you should choose for. Ask a companies’ representatives to make an in-home inspection. By coming to your home, the representatives can conclude what is the size of your international relocation. Or if there are some difficulties connected to your moving abroad.
After such an inspection they can more or less precisely determine the price for your relocation they would be prepared to offer. Demand a signed offer, with the exact, or near exact price for your relocation. Only after collecting these kinds of offers can you adequately compare all Japanese relocation specialists from your list. Plus, you will be sure to have a signed paper proving their final offer. So nobody could trick you by asking you to pay a lot more than they offered at the beginning. At least without a good reason.
Nowadays, there are different sorts of software not requiring an in-home inspection for a binding offer. Such as Video Chat. You contact the moving company. Turn on your video camera. Go around your home showing the items you plan to relocate abroad. And that’s all! The movers have your items listing, and therefore an idea of your relocation size.
To reduce the relocation abroad costs, put an effort
When it comes to relocation overseas, the thing you can do without too many troubles is the packing. Of course, having in mind that it needs to be done perfectly. In order to save your items. When moving abroad, they will probably be transported in different sorts of transportation. Hence, loaded and unloaded several times. If not packed properly, the probability of damage is very high. Learn how to pack the difficult belongings you have. Besides this, learn how to disassemble and reassemble them. If having troubles with some part of it, ask some of your handy friends to help you, or partially hire moving pros to give you a hand. Moving abroad takes to perfectly conduct every part of the relocation. Don’t underestimate anything. After learning how to pack your stuff, get the proper supplies and equipment. And you’re good to go!
Decluttering cuts your expenses for relocation abroad
Everyone has clutter at their homes. Those things you never use but are still usable, you are very difficult to give up. But, when moving abroad, our friendly advice is to definitely get rid of it. There are different ways you can do that:
- Present them to your friends you know would use them
- Organize a garage or an online sale and earn some money. What you don’t use, somebody could.
- Donate- you will certainly feel good after doing that, and the size of your international migration will be smaller, hence less expensive.
Getting rid of the clutter cuts your moving costs by having a smaller size of relocation. And also it cuts the costs of supplies you need for doing the packing. So besides you will get rid of the things that clutter your home (and you could potentially have troubles where to put them if moving to a smaller home), you will cut the costs of moving abroad, and plus you could earn some money!
The Final piece of mind for moving abroad
Be careful. Keep your eyes wide open. Hire the best moving professionals in Japan. Watch for every little detail and raise red flags whenever something odd appears. Make sure the quality of the moving services for your overseas migration is very high. The safety of you, your family and your belongings is crucial. But after dealing with those aspects of moving overseas, put a serious effort into saving money. Use your muscles instead of hiring movers to do the job you can do. Employ your friends and have fun along the process. Bring only the necessities. Not in terms of not bringing clothes with you, but in terms of not bringing clutter in your new overseas home. If you manage to do all of this, you shall have no problems during your migration abroad. And it is the goal you should set at the very beginning.