How to stay safe and healthy during your move?
Organizing relocation is both mentally and physically exhausting. There are so many things to do and so little time. It is hard to juggle your job, kids, and everyday chores with all the moving tasks, such as finding overseas shipping companies, packing everything, finishing all the tasks by your deadline, etc. Stress is the main cause of many diseases. For this reason, it is important to stay safe and healthy during your move. Your health is always the number one priority before, during, and after the move. Nothing is more valuable than your health, so make sure not to lose it.
Stay safe and healthy during your move with good preparation
Since moving is a huge task, you have to prepare yourself well. This means gathering all the necessary packing supplies and moving equipment. This include:
- Packing supplies – quality moving boxes, protective material, bubble wrapping, tape, and so on.
- Gloves – get yourself quality work gloves so you will not hurt your hands while lifting and carrying heavy boxes and items.
- Moving straps – you should not move anything heavy by yourself, but rather, get moving straps. Your back, shoulders, and knees will be thankful.
- Dollies and hand trucks – again, do not move or lift anything heavy on your own. This can cause serious injuries. For this reason, use dolly and hand trucks.
- Furniture glides – extremely helpful to slide heavy and large furniture into place.
- Clear the path – not part of the equipment, but very useful tip as you need to have one path cleared so you will not bump into anything.
Stretch before performing moving tasks
If you are a fitness lover, then you know how important stretching is. Since moving includes lifting and carry heavy boxes and items, these tasks can be seen as a form of exercising. For this reason, make sure to stretch before performing any physically demanding task. However, if it feels heavy, then do not do it. There is no reason to jeopardize your health for one extremely heavy item. Instead, call your friends and ask them for help. Furthermore, you can get professional help as well. Search for the best kse moving companies. If you do not like the idea of getting all the moving equipment and doing everything on your own, then hiring movers is the best solution. They will take care of all the difficult moving tasks so you can stay safe and healthy during the move.
Stay safe and healthy during your move with a good diet
Even though eating breakfast is the last thing you will worry about on your moving day, it should be your priority. Since relocation is physically demanding, you are losing a lot of energy. For this reason, you need to reenergize yourself. If you are tired all the time, you will not get anything done. In addition to this, you will make more mistakes if you do not have any energy. Making mistakes can lead to serious injuries. Therefore, do not put yourself in danger, but have healthy meals every day. However, you might not have enough time to prepare healthy meals, especially if you packed your kitchen. Then, you can order food. Do not order pizza all the time since eating junk food is not a solution. Rather, buy fruit and vegetables, lean meat, dairy products, whole grain bread, granola bars, etc. This type of food will give you energy.
Keep your body hydrated and sleep well
For example, you are moving to Japan during the summer. It is extremely hot outside and you have to perform physically demanding tasks. This sounds like a receipt for disaster. In order to avoid serious injuries, keep your body hydrated. Drink plenty of water and serve refreshments to your movers as well. However, do not drink carbonated drinks as this can lead to sugar crashes and energy slumps. In addition to this, you should get proper sleep. Do not sacrifice your sleep in order to finish more work. This can have a number of negative side effects. For this reason, try to sleep at least 7 hours. This does not apply to people who need just a couple hours of sleep.
Stay safe and healthy during your move by keeping stress in check
Surviving a move and not falling sick is a challenge. As mentioned, moving is stressful. For this reason, you should keep stress in check. However, this is easier said than done. Here are a couple of ways to feel less anxious about your move. First, control your time. Start early with your moving preparations. This means at least three or four months in advance. This also depends on your move and conditions. It is not the same if you are moving locally, internationally, or if you are doing a DIY move or hiring movers. Check your conditions and see how much time you will need. Secondly, manage your budget. Money is always a problem. You can reduce your moving costs by finding affordable movers, decluttering your home, getting free or cheap packing supplies, and similar.
Even more tips
You can stay safe and healthy by following the next and last set of tips.
- Wear a face mask – for garage, attic, and basement. In addition to this, if you are allergic to dust, make sure to wear one.
- Wear comfortable shoes – choose your most comfortable pair of shoes to prevent accidents. Your shoes should offer proper ankle protection and preferably has anti-slip soles. Do not wear flip flops even if it is extremely hot outside.
- Proper lifting techniques – learn proper lifting techniques when moving heavy furniture, appliances, and boxes.
- Start early in a day – in order to avoid pulling an all-nighter, wake up earlier than usual. You will have more than enough time to finish all the tasks.
As you can see, these would be all the ways to protect your health when moving home. Again, your health is the number one priority.