How to evade fraudulent Japan movers
However much we would like to think that the world is perfect, it is not. Frauds and dishonorable business exist and happen frequently. Somewhere more somewhere less, but they exist nonetheless. There are plenty of factors that influence such figures – size of the market, service demand etc. Japan being the epicenter of modern business makes it a good base for scams. However, there are certain markers that can identify risky companies and can ultimately help prevent fraud. We are here to point out those markers with the goal of helping you evade fraudulent Japan movers.
Tips on avoiding fraudulent Japan movers
Rooting out a problem before it has a chance to grow is far better than dealing with it later on. If you wish to evade fraudulent Japan movers, you have to understand how to recognize them and their tactics. So accept our humble and professional insight into what is not ordinary behavior of a relocation company.
Comprise a list of reliable moving companies
First step on your journey is doing the research and making a list. When we say a list, we refer to finding all local relocation companies in Japan. Once you have that list, go through the services offered and make a top selection. This might take time, so be sure to start several weeks before the actual moving day. If you are lacking on how to find companies, here are some helpful sources:
Get first-hand recommendations from family and friends
This is a sure way to shorten the fraud screening process. The family member used the company and can offer reliable insight and feedback. This goes to show the legitimacy of the mover, and thus reduces the chance of a scam to a minimum. In case, you have no one who recently used a Japan moving company, time to move on.
Get information from acquaintances
Japan being as diverse as it is, you must know someone who relocated recently. You might not be aware of it, but there must be someone. And you can ask them for advice on finding a reliable Japan relocation company. This type of recommendation would be reliable enough to accept and check out, but thread carefully.
Online chat rooms and forums
Information is the currency of the modern world. It all comes down to who has the most information and how they use it. So in case you have no direct sources of information, turn towards the web. However, beware the websites you visit, as not all of them are as legit as they might appear.
Do a background check to better identify fraudulent Japan movers
Once you make a list of your top 5 or 10 moving companies in Japan, time to research further and narrow the choice. So if you wish to evade fraudulent Japan movers, look into each company on your list. The more companies you have on your list, the better. You will have a higher chance of identifying the perfect Japan relocation company for your needs.
Now, in order to eliminate companies from the list, you will need the markers we mentioned. So here are warning lights when it comes to movers:
- License abnormalities – Japan moving companies without the right licenses are not even worth your time. So if you don’t see the right license – sayonara!
- Slandering reviews – customer satisfaction is the image of a company. If the reviews from previous clients are bad, than so is the mover and the services they offer. And if there are no reviews to be found, ask yourself whether or not you are willing to trust that company.
- Low-cost companies – what makes a company successful is offering high-quality services for the same or slightly higher prices than the competition. What makes fraudulent Japan movers is promising great service for half the price the competition does.
- High deposit asked well in advance – asking for a deposit is normal business, but there are limits. Asking for a deposit larger than 40% for example indicates a certain mistrust and risk.
- Shady contracts – it’s important that you go through any documentation that requires signature. This way you are sure to spot fraudulent behavior and avoid it without issues.
Getting familiar with the top 3 choices left
Once you’ve gone and cut off most of the companies from your list, the real work begins. Concentration is key in this phase. Since you will be contacting the companies directly, you need to pay attention to every detail. Make a list of general moving questions that you would like answered and begin. Then take notice of the manner in which the moving representatives respond to those questions. And here are some red flags to help identify fraudulent Japan movers more easily during conversation:
- For starters, professionalism and soft-skills are important since they install confidence in customers looking to hire.
- Next flag would be asking for the entire payment up-front. This always poses a risk. If you are dealing with fraudulent Japan movers, they pack up, leave and you never see them. Even if they are not frauds but simply a bad company, you will have already paid in full for potential horrible service. Conclusion – partial payment is good, full payment up-front bad.
- Finally, never forget to have everything documented and signed.
Arranging for a house visit from the moving company representative
Professional relocation companies will go all the way to earn a customer. And that includes sending one of their representatives to your home. This way you are sure to get a precise relocation estimate. So get you top three choices to send someone over and start negotiating prices. Don’t forget to make any possible inquiries you might have about extra services and cost. Also, make sure that you verify the company once again, in person.
Most fraudulent Japan movers will look to avoid that live meeting, because they would rather conduct all business over the phone or email. Another thing is that the price is always at least slightly negotiable – so if the mover is set on a certain price, caution is advised.
Evade fraudulent Japan movers with the right preparation
Final words of moving wisdom – always have plan A and plan B. And by plan, we refer to choice of the moving company. Avoid being surprised by unwelcome situations or cancellations by having a backup choice for a company. Just go through all the steps with both choices and you’ll be all set. Also, take extra measures when searching for long-distance relocation companies. The longer the road, the higher the cost and risk. Whatever questions you might have, remember that there is a top-rated Japan relocation company that can help you.